At Compass, we work to help organizations and people thrive. This includes building and maintaining efficient work environments for our clients. Automating HR processes has become a cornerstone in our industry and we are excited to announce our expansion into the HRIS field with our new technology practice.
SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), or cloud-based computing, makes implementing process improvements simpler and more affordable, reducing hours spent on repetitive administrative HR tasks. Compass believes in finding the appropriate technology to support organizational goals and ultimately freeing up human resource talent to focus on more strategic work. We can eliminate paperwork, spreadsheet tracking and other manual tasks by replacing them with intelligent workflows, approval processes, e-signatures and so much more.
Compass’ HR technology services strive to retain the “human” in human resources. Working closely with those affected by the upcoming change, Compass takes a service-over-software approach. We guide clients each step of the way focusing on the benefits to key stakeholders:
- Business Owners and Leaders realize an increased focus on people goals and improvement to their organization’s bottom line when they invest in automating tactical HR tasks. Everyone wins when HR can focus on nurturing the organization’s culture by coaching employees through organization changes, training to enhance the workforce performance and evaluating employee engagement. Technology-driven dashboards and reporting can support sound, data-driven decisions by providing measurements on the effectiveness of the HR department and workforce productivity such as turnover, time-to-fill roles, benefit costs per person, total revenue and profit per employee.
- HR Team Members realize significant process improvement when implementing a single portal to access electronic employee files (timekeeping, payroll, benefits, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, compensation) and other necessary business compliance information (EEO, ACA, Affirmative Action, turnover, time-to-fill, employee engagement). Overall, less time is taken to enter and access data resulting in HR team members having more time to support strategic, organizational efforts.
- Managers are provided with the people tools they need to oversee their team. Through the single portal, they can approve new positions, review candidate resumes and offer letters, authorize compensation changes, access employee timecards and time off requests plus complete performance reviews.
- Employees appreciate a simple, single access point to enter hours worked, request time off, view paystubs and W2s, complete benefit enrollments, make payroll and deduction changes, view 401K contributions, apply to open internal positions and receive company-wide communications.
Compass’ HR technology service offering includes:
- Facilitating current-state process mapping and future-state design mapping and requirement workshop sessions
- Auditing current HRIS or payroll application and providing an optimization report to help maximize the use of the application
- Initiating a Request for Proposal (RFP) and identifying the top technology vendors who will best meet the client’s needs
- Assisting with vendor selection and contract negotiations
- Overseeing the project management of the entire implementation
- Implementing support including hands-on system set up, configuration, data migration and application integration
- Creating setup and configuration for organization and compliance reporting
- Measuring ROI of investment and end-user adoption
- Training for system administrators and end users
Compass navigates beyond traditional HR concepts to facilitate the success of clients. Compass drives organizational performance with proven business and HR consulting strategies. The Compass team’s experience and talent are tailor-fit to find a solution that encompasses any aspect of the employee experience, regardless of the client’s company size or industry. Compass works to learn each client’s business by listening. We serve clients better because we understand and care.