OSHA released the widely anticipated Emergency Temporary Standard on Vaccination and Testing (ETS), effective November 5, 2021. Key provisions to this ETS are listed below:
- Businesses with 100 or more employees must develop, implement, and enforce a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, unless they adopt a policy requiring employees either to get vaccinated or undergo regular COVID-19 testing and wear a face covering at work.
- Covered employers are required to provide paid time to workers to get vaccinated and paid leave to recover from any side effects.
- Employers will have until December 5, 2021 (30 days) to comply with all requirements other than testing unvaccinated employees, and until January 4, 2022 (60 days) to fully comply will all provisions of this ETS, including weekly testing for employees who have not received all doses required for a primary vaccination.
- Businesses that do not comply this ETS may face OSHA fines.
Other Important Updates
- The CMS released an Interim Final Rule mandating COVID-19 vaccination of eligible staff at health care facilities that participate in Medicare and Medicaid programs, requiring full vaccination by January 4, 2022.
- The deadline for federal contractors and subcontractors to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination mandate has been extended to January 4, 2022 to align with the OSHA ETS and CMS rule.
Compass can support your organization as you prepare to comply with these regulations. Please reach out to your Compass Solutions Provider for more information.
Additional ETS Resources:
- Summary of COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing ETS
- Key Compliance Dates
- Federal Register
- Social Media Toolkit
- How to Participate Fact Sheet
Compass navigates beyond traditional HR concepts to facilitate the success of clients. Compass drives organizational performance with proven business and HR consulting strategies. The Compass team’s experience and talent are tailor-fit to find a solution that encompasses any aspect of the employee experience, regardless of the client’s company size or industry. Compass works to learn each client’s business by listening. We serve clients better because we understand and care.