We all have experienced great loss through the pandemic. As a leader, you and your team could not have survived without exuding an immense amount of patience and compassion. Your employee communications should strike that same tone. Use this list of seven must-haves to ensure your communication conveys the appropriate level of care and consideration:
- Recognition and gratitude for all your team has accomplished over the last year and a half and continues to navigate in this pandemic.
- Acknowledgement of what you heard your team voice about their return to the office.
- Excitement to get back together as a team.
- Explanation of the new working model and how re-entry will occur.
- Clarification of who will address employee issues, concerns, and accommodations.
- Requirements related to office-based policy changes to enhance adherence and relieve avoidable stress of the unknown.
- Commitment to continued adaptation as necessary with clear communication and ongoing support following 18 months of constant change.
Compass navigates beyond traditional HR concepts to facilitate the success of clients. Compass drives organizational performance with proven business and HR consulting strategies. The Compass team’s experience and talent are tailor-fit to find a solution that encompasses any aspect of the employee experience, regardless of the client’s company size or industry. Compass works to learn each client’s business by listening. We serve clients better because we understand and care.